The MT-200's auto accompaniment section sounds very peculiar (with chorus function) and the drum sounds exude the flair of C64 drums, especially after modification. Sadly, it only offers 6 different patterns and no fill-in function, thus harshly limiting possibilities of variation.
I often use it, anyhow, and the melody sounds are beautifully minimal. I built in the following modifications:
- Mute switch for bass and chords
- Mute switch for 3 drum sounds BD, SN, HH
- dditional "tempo fine" controller
- Sustain values of bass and chord sounds can be altered by switch
- Decay values of BD, SN and HH can be altered