The MT-52 offers a great variety of patterns, consisting of dynamic analog drums, a phat square wave bass and minimal chord sequences. The drum and the bass sequences are really very well programmed and sound very modern for an over 20-year-old keyboard. Since I like the novel sound, as well as the components' volume levels in relation to one another, I built in the following basic functions:
- Mute switch for bass and chords
- Mute switch for nearly all singular drum sounds
- Additional "tempo fine" controller
- Altered bass drum cutoff frequency
- Sustain values of bass and chord sounds can be altered by switch
Here's a youtube video demonstrating the MT-52 which is triggering a selfbuilt four-voice analogue drum-synthesizer and a selfbuild bass-synthesizer with distortion module.